Ham & Pea Fettuccine
This fast and easy weeknight dinner makes smart use of items you can pick up quickly at the deli. What's more, it's delish! —Willie DeWaard, Coralville, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook the fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the ham, peas, walnuts, onion, thyme and pepper in oil until heated through. Drain fettuccine. Add to ham mixture and toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese; cover for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 424 calories, 24g fat (6g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 726mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Fettuccine with Asparagus, Ham and Cheddar in Simple & Delicious February/March 2012
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.