Ham n Swiss-Topped Potatoes
This is one of husband’s favorite recipes. I often double the sauce to make sure I have some left over. It reheats easily to top a microwaved potato for a quick lunch. —Jill Hayes, Westerville, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 1-1/4 hours
- 3 large baking potatoes (12 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 cups steamed cut fresh asparagus
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine the cornstarch and milk until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add mustard, pepper and Swiss cheese. Cook and stir until cheese is melted.
- Stir in ham and asparagus; heat through. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; place cut side up and fluff the pulp with a fork. Spoon 2/3 cup sauce over each half.