Ham ‘n’ Potato Au Gratin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, cubed
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, saute onions and green pepper in 1 tablespoon butter until tender. Combine onions and pepper with potatoes, ham and mayonnaise; pour into an ungreased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Stir in cheese just until melted. Pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 287 calories, 18g fat (8g saturated fat), 58mg cholesterol, 891mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 9, 2015
I doubled this and it would serve 5-6 light eaters. I added thyme, white pepper , garlic and salt to the roux. I used a lot of dishes for this! We enjoyed it. I am thinking I could leave out the mayo and maybe substitute non fat sour cream.
Feb 16, 2013
This dish is delicious. I've made before and we loved and in fact I'm making again tomorrow for Sun dinner. I use leftover spiral ham. There's a bit of prep involved but it's well worth the effort. A very tasty meal that my family enjoys!
Jan 2, 2013
Aug 30, 2011
So yummy and creamy--an instant family favorite! We make it all the time with and without ham.
Aug 30, 2011
So yummy and creamy--an instant family favorite! We make it all the time.