Ham ‘n’ Hominy Salad
I love collecting recipes, and this is one I found several years ago. It's one of my favorite salads.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) hominy, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. In a small bowl, combine the water, vinegar and sugar. Whisk into the onion mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in the remaining ingredients. Serve warm or cold.
Originally published as Ham 'N' Hominy Salad in Country Extra May 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.