Ham ‘N’ Florets In a Basket
I developed this recipe to sneak more vegetables into my husband's diet. It worked!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 2 frozen puff pastry shells
- 1 cup small cauliflowerets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham (about 4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare the pastry shells according to package directions; set aside. Place the cauliflower in steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 5-8 minutes or until cauliflower is crisp-tender.
- In a skillet, saute onion and mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, bouillon and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in ham and cauliflower. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese until melted. Spoon into pastry shells.