"This is great for a weekend brunch or as a spur-or-the moment supper served wtih toast and juice," recommends LuEllen Spaulding of Caro, Michigan. The nicely seasoned skillet dish is hearty with ham, cheese and potatoes.
Recommended: 22 Leftover Ham Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 medium uncooked potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, saute potatoes in butter until tender and golden brown. Add the onion and green pepper; saute until crisp-tender. Add ham, eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Cook until eggs are completely set, stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham N Egg Skillet in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p12
Reviews forHam N Egg Skillet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 30, 2013
"Didn't use the eggs and replaced the cheddar with emmental. Also added some crushed garlic and some cayenne pepper. Turned out fantastic."