Ham ‘n’ Egg Salad Subs
"Friends often drop by after Sunday church services, so these sandwiches are a delicious way to enjoy a bite of lunch while we're visiting," relates Marian Aikema of Langley, British Columbia. "They're always a big hit."
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons diced green onions
- 2 tablespoons diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 6 to 8 French or Italian sandwich rolls (5 to 6 inches), split
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first eight ingredients; mix well. Place bottom halves of rolls on a baking sheet; spread about 1/4 cup ham mixture on each. Sprinkle each with 2-3 tablespoons cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Replace the roll tops. broil 1 minute longer.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 343 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 88mg cholesterol, 862mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 15g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Egg Salad Subs in Quick Cooking November/December 2002