Ham ‘n’ Egg Muffins
“This recipe is a favorite Saturday night supper, accompanied by salad and some fruit,” says Emily Chaney of Blue Hill, Maine. “Sometimes I double or triple the recipe for Sunday brunch with friends.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 English muffin, split
- 1/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 slices deli ham (1 ounce each)
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, sliced
- Paprika, optional
- Place English muffin halves on a baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350° for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Place ham and hard-boiled eggs on each muffin half; top with sour cream mixture. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Bake 15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 256 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 239mg cholesterol, 617mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Ham 'n Egg Muffins in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006