Ham ‘N’ Corn Scrambled Eggs
For a light lunch or dinner, try this skillet supper from Esther Shank of Harrison, Virginia. "Place a couple of potatoes in the microwave to 'bake' while you're making this, so you have a complete meal," she writes.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 6 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen corn in butter sauce, thawed
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a large skillet, cook ham in butter until heated through. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 414 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 392mg cholesterol, 1290mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 27g protein.
Aug 23, 2015
This recipe is a hit whenever I fix it for company, and it's super easy to make.I always use fresh frozen corn instead of the buttered corn as called for in the recipe. I also skip the salt because the ham seems to have enough saltiness.