Ham ‘N’ Corn Fritters
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Cook: 15 min.
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, cooked and drained
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- Separate eggs; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. In a large bowl, beat egg yolks until slightly thickened. Beat in milk. Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and pepper; add to yolk mixture and mix well. Stir in corn and ham.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until stiff peaks form. Fold into the corn mixture.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Drop batter by heaping tablespoonfuls, a few at a time, into hot oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side, turning with a slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 195 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 661mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Oct 17, 2012
Very goood flavor. Added a 1/2 tsp of baking soda and cooked like pancakes on the griddle. Both cooking method work well. Tastes great dipped in Maple syrup.
Jun 8, 2011
This was pretty good, I had some ham left over, and instead of fresh corn , I opened and drained some canned corn.the rest was easy, although, you really need to drain this good on paper towels as it is greasy, and it is NOT good heated up the next day as it is soggy, but, for a quick meal addition I would make it again.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.