Ham ‘n’ Cheese Puffs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Warm prepared cheese sauce, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour and mustard all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth. Stir in the ham and cheese (cheese does not have to melt).
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold with cheese sauce for dipping if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 111 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 22, 2015
I'm not sure about the rest of you but 30 mins. to bake is always to long. I make these a lot. When the kids were in hockey, this was there snack driving to the rink. Now I bake for a company and the 80 employees love them!!! I use the canned flakes of ham.
Apr 22, 2010
These are absolutely wonderful! I made them for a potluck & they disappeared within the first 1/2 hour. I didn't have any ground mustard on hand so I substituted a tsp. of yellow mustard. Simple to make & delicious to eat. My new potluck standby.