Ham ‘n’ Cheese Puffs
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Warm prepared cheese sauce, optional
- In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, bring water and butter to a boil. Add flour and mustard all at once; stir until a smooth ball forms. Remove from the heat; let stand for 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat until smooth. Stir in the ham and cheese (cheese does not have to melt).
- Drop batter by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm or cold with cheese sauce for dipping if desired.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 111 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Dec 22, 2015
I'm not sure about the rest of you but 30 mins. to bake is always to long. I make these a lot. When the kids were in hockey, this was there snack driving to the rink. Now I bake for a company and the 80 employees love them!!! I use the canned flakes of ham.
Apr 22, 2010
These are absolutely wonderful! I made them for a potluck & they disappeared within the first 1/2 hour. I didn't have any ground mustard on hand so I substituted a tsp. of yellow mustard. Simple to make & delicious to eat. My new potluck standby.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.