Ham ‘n’ Cheese Potato Salad
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Cook: 20 min. + cooling
- 2-1/2 to 3 pounds red potatoes
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cubed
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, celery seed, salt and pepper; mix well. Cut potatoes into cubes. Add to mayonnaise mixture and toss to coat. Add remaining ingredients; mix well. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 204 calories, 15g fat (4g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 408mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 21, 2017
This was an absolute hit at my house. I loved all the flavors in this potato salad. It's the first potato salad that my husband asked me to make sure there were leftovers of so he could take it to work the next day. Now that's saying alot!
May 21, 2014
This is by far the best potato salad...ever . A little bit of prep work but it is worth it!
Aug 31, 2013
This recipe is great! You can also use diced chicken in place of ham.
Jul 25, 2012
This recipe is by far my husbands most favorite potato salad recipe. It is not wimpy or skimpy. My husband loves his meals and is a fairly picky eater. This he is crazy about. Try it!! You won't be disappointed!!