- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, ham, 1/2 cup cheese and onion. In another bowl, combine sour cream, soups and pepper; add to potato mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Ham N Cheese Potato Bake
"Excellet! The whole family loved it."
"This is our family's favorite and I have been making it for years! Only difference is I use 1 cup of sour cream (not 2) and 3 cups (not 3/4) of sharp cheddar cheese. So less sour cream and more cheese in my version. I've used other cheeses but the sharp cheddar gives it the best flavor."
"Very good. I use fresh boiled potatos instead of frozen. My son likes it so much he makes it more than I do."
"this is still steaming in front of me as it has been out of the oven about 20 minutes now. we were looking for something that limited cream soups and had sour cream. were looking for creamy and cheesy. this definitely fits that criteria.used fresh taters (a little over 2lbs) half the onion, cream of chicken soup and 12oz colby jack cheese.so not as per recipe.smells creamy and tasty.tastes the same.will make again. would like to add mushrooms and more onion as well."
"I only had the one can of cheddar cheese soup so I diluted it with one can of milk to substitute for the cream of potato. I put everything in a 3-qt. crock pot on low for about 4 hr. It turned out much soupier than I was expecting, but it was great! Like having a good, thick potato soup. I think I will make it this way again although next time I will either leave it in the crock pot longer or turn it on high so the potatoes will be more tender. Other than that, it was perfect for a rainy Sunday afternoon."
"Wow! This was great and my whole family enjoyed, my husband is not much of a casserole person but thought this was delicious! Texture is nice and creamy and I even heated it up next morning and had with a couple of eggs. Will make again!!!"
"Great recipe!!! Kids liked it alot. Feed our whole family of six. SIMPLE."
"My husband loved this dish! Very easy and he really enjoyed the leftovers!"
"This was a wonderful casserole and very easy to make. It's one of those recipes where you would have the ingredients in your pantry. My family enjoyed it and went back for 3rd's. Great anytime but wonderful on a cold winter evening."