- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen O'Brien potatoes
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine potatoes, ham, 1/2 cup cheese and onion. In another bowl, combine sour cream, soups and pepper; add to potato mixture and mix well.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until bubbly and potatoes are tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Ham N Cheese Potato Bake
"Excellet! The whole family loved it."
"This is our family's favorite and I have been making it for years! Only difference is I use 1 cup of sour cream (not 2) and 3 cups (not 3/4) of sharp cheddar cheese. So less sour cream and more cheese in my version. I've used other cheeses but the sharp cheddar gives it the best flavor."
"I have been making this for several years. I commonly make it the night before and put it in the oven while we are getting ready in the morning. Makes a great breakfast casserole!"
"Very good. I use fresh boiled potatos instead of frozen. My son likes it so much he makes it more than I do."
"this is still steaming in front of me as it has been out of the oven about 20 minutes now. we were looking for something that limited cream soups and had sour cream. were looking for creamy and cheesy. this definitely fits that criteria.used fresh taters (a little over 2lbs) half the onion, cream of chicken soup and 12oz colby jack cheese.so not as per recipe.smells creamy and tasty.tastes the same.will make again. would like to add mushrooms and more onion as well."