Ham ‘n’ Cheese Melts
These one-of-a-kind sandwiches are a new twist on traditional ham and cheese sandwiches without a lot of extra work. Prepared spaghetti sauce provides a tasty dipping sauce.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 slices Italian bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 slices provolone cheese, halved
- 4 slices (1 ounce each) fully cooked ham
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce, warmed
- On four slices of bread, layer with provolone cheese, ham, then cheese. Top with remaining bread.
- In a shallow dish, beat eggs and milk. In another shallow dish, combine bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Dip sandwiches into egg mixture, then into crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet over low heat, cook sandwiches in butter for 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 511 calories, 28g fat (15g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 1272mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Originally published as Ham 'n' Cheese Melts in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.