Ham ‘n’ Cheese Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 cups thinly sliced celery
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 9 no-cook lasagna noodles
- In a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, celery, carrots and onion in oil for 4-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add ham and garlic; cook 1-2 minutes longer or until garlic is tender. In a small bowl, combine the flour and cream; stir into ham mixture. Add tomatoes and pepper.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until heated through (sauce will be thin).
- In a small bowl, combine the cheeses. Place three noodles in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; top with a third of the sauce and a third of the cheese mixture. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 20 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 495 calories, 32g fat (18g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 897mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 24g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 6, 2017
This is absolutely delicious! My only change was to leave out the mushrooms.
Nov 26, 2012
I did not have the tomatoes in the can to add. Instead, I added Italian pepper and seasoning. Just a little basil and garlic pepper and it was yummy!
Apr 25, 2011
I made this for our Easter dinner and loved it! I did lighten it up a bit, though. I substituted half and half for the heavy cream with no detrimental effects! I also left out the mushrooms (yuck). My grandchildren looked at it with suspicion (lasagna is supposed to be red), but the adults enjoyed it.
Dec 9, 2009
I have a picky husband picky 19 month old twins and they all loved this ham lasagna.