Ham N Asparagus Roll-Ups
These light refreshers from field editor Mary Steiner of West Bend, Wisconsin go together in a jiffy, so they're perfect when unexpected guests drop by.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 16 fresh asparagus spears (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 1 tablespoon water
- 16 thin slices fully cooked ham (about 3/4 pound)
- DILL SAUCE:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup diced seeded and peeled cucumber
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place asparagus and water in a microwave-safe 11x7-in. dish. Cover and cook on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Wrap each asparagus spear with a slice of ham. Just before serving, combine sauce ingredients. Serve with roll-ups.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 75 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 541mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Ham N Asparagus Roll-Ups in Taste of Home February/March 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.