Ham & Mango Quesadillas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 medium mango, peeled and cubed, divided
- 1/4 pound thick sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-in. strips
- 6 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 3/4 cup salsa
- Sour cream, optional
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, butter side down, on a griddle. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons mango, 1/4 cup ham and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
- Combine the salsa and remaining mango and cilantro; serve with quesadillas. Garnish with sour cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 459 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 1018mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Jun 16, 2012
We loved it! I think salsa inside the tortilla works fine and peach or pineapple for the mango would probably be great too!
Jul 13, 2011
The whole family liked it. I made a homemade mango salsa. I cut down some on the cilantro. I also cut out buttering the tortillas. Otherwise, I loved the salty ham with the sweet mango. This recipe would be easy to alter: peaches instead of mango, chicken instead of ham... quesadillas are very versatile.
Jun 7, 2011
Instead of ham, which is too salty for heart patients, I used roasted chicken diced. It was to die for...!
Jun 3, 2011
Absolutely delicious, and a refreshing change from the typical chicken or beef quesadillas. The mango is definitely the key ingredient (my store-bought salsa was instantly transformed!) and I am a huge cilantro fan. Two thumbs up, TOH!
Jun 2, 2011
My family found the combination of cheese and ham too salty.
Aug 17, 2010
Both my husband and I really liked these! The mango is the perfect mate for the salty ham!
Jul 27, 2010
My husband and I were skeptical about the mango part, but extremely surprised at the delicious flavor! I must have not read too careful, because I used a little salsa inside the quesadillas... and I'm glad I did! The flavors were amazingly balanced, tasted almost a little polynesian? I'm excited to make this again, and would not be afraid to experiment with other flavors (pineapple maybe?). Thank you TOH for another wonderful recipe!
Jul 24, 2010
Although a little skeptical looking at the ingredients, we tried the recipe and absolutely LOVED the quesadillas. We had leftovers which we warmed in the microwave for our next meal and they were just as tasty, if not more so. Definitely would recommend (by two 58-year-olds) :-)
Jun 14, 2010
A great, light lunch. I used regular mild salsa and left out the cilantro. Love the sweetness the mango brings to this dish. Will definitely make again.