Ham & Mango Quesadillas for Two
If you like the ease of quesadillas, especially on busy weeknights, you’ll really love this fresh and fruity variation featuring mango-enhanced jarred salsa. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 2 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2/3 cup chopped peeled mango, divided
- 2 ounces thick sliced deli ham, cut into 1/2-in. strips
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro, divided
- 1/3 cup salsa
- Sour cream, optional
- Spread butter over one side of each tortilla. Place tortillas, butter side down, on a griddle. Sprinkle each with 1/2 cup cheese, 3 tablespoons mango, 1/4 cup ham and 1 teaspoon cilantro. Fold over and cook over low heat for 1-2 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges.
- Combine the salsa and remaining mango and cilantro; serve with quesadillas. If desired, garnish with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 460 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 998mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Ham Quesadillas with Mango Salsa in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.