Ham Loaf Recipe
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add milk, bread crumbs and pepper. Add ham and pork; mix well. In a shallow baking pan, shape meat mixture into an 8x4-in. oval. Insert a thermometer. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients. Spoon over loaf. Bake 40 minutes longer or until the thermometer reads 170°, basting occasionally with glaze. Yield: 8 servings.
If Cooking for Two: Wrap individually slices in foil and freeze.
1 slice: 395 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 124mg cholesterol, 1257mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Ham Loaf
"As a very young girl, I remember my great grandmother (born in 1902) making ham loaf and I always loved it. I never remember seeing a recipe, just remembered standing on a step-stool at her counter "helping" her make it. I have looked for years for this recipe and I do believe after trying this last night, that I have found it! Wonderful! There was another comment about the glaze being so watery, well it is supposed to be. You dish it over the ham loaf as it is baking and it seeps in. I guess it should be labeled as a baste instead of a glaze, but it is terrific. Kudos to you and thank you so much for sharing this recipe."
"I make this for my family whenever I have leftover Baked ham. My family cannot get enough of this ham loaf!"
"There was way too much milk in this recipe, it was very soupy after adding everything. I added an extra egg, an probably an extra cup of dry breadcrumbs. The vinegar, brown sugar topping was very watery.....I threw it out and combined brown sugar, dry mustard and dark brown mustard, which made a paste, rather than a watery mixture. I also divided the ham/pork mixture and made 2 meat loaves."