Ham Loaf with Horseradish Sauce
This variation on meat loaf is quite tasty. Creamy horseradish sauce adds the right spark.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons crushed saltines
- 1/4 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- HORSERADISH SAUCE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons whipped topping
- In a bowl, combine the egg, milk and cracker crumbs. Crumble meat over mixture and mix well. Pat into a greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pan or shape into loaf and place in a shallow baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, bring glaze ingredients to a boil; pour over loaf. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°, basting occasionally. Meanwhile, for sauce, place mayonnaise and horseradish in a bowl. Fold in whipped topping. Serve with ham loaf.
Originally published as Ham Loaf in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.