Ham Loaf with Golden Sauce
This ham version of meat loaf was one of my mother's standbys, and it's now a main dish my husband and I enjoy often. The sauce, which has a nice hint of sweetness, reminds me of the color of the sky when I enjoy a golden Southwestern sunset from my kitchen window!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1-1/2 hours
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a large bowl, combine first 10 ingredients. Pack into a 9x5-in. loaf pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours.
- Meanwhile, combine all sauce ingredients in a saucepan. Slowly bring to a boil, stirring constantly until thickened and translucent. Allow to stand for 5 minutes. Remove loaf from pan and serve sauce over it.