Ham Loaf Pie Recipe
We've lived on our farm for nearly 50 years, so I've had lots of experience cooking for my family and hired hands. Everyone looks forward to this meal after working out in the field.
- 1-1/2 cups finely crushed cheese crackers
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, ground
- 1. Combine cracker crumbs and butter; mix well. Reserve 2 tablespoons for topping. Press remaining crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie pan. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat eggs. Blend in milk, onion, green pepper, mustard and horseradish; stir in ham. Carefully spoon and spread into crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until set. (A knife inserted halfway between the center and edge will be wet.) Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 6 servings.
1 piece: 408 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 1307mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Ham Loaf Pie
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC