Ham Hot Dish
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground nutmeg
- Dash pepper
- 2-3/4 cups milk
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms stems and pieces, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 package (7 ounces) macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter for 3 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, salt, nutmeg and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. Add the green pepper, mushrooms and pimientos. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; add macaroni and mix well.
- Spoon half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with ham and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Top with the remaining macaroni mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 228 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 753mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
May 13, 2013
With no rating and no picture I was reluctant to try this recipe, but the list of ingredients intrigued me. I am SO happy I took the risk! I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned, eliminated the pimentos (couldn't see purchasing this item for only one recipe), I had to use the rest of my heavy cream so I substituted 3/4 of the milk foe the cream and used 1/3 cup extra of parmesan cheese...... This was the first meal in years that my 14 year old complimented dinner! We all enjoyed it VERY much! You gotta try it!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.