Ham Griddle Cakes
Looking for a different way to use up leftover ham? Try these golden pancakes from Virginia Cullen. "I've served them to company, and I'm always asked for the recipe," notes Sarasota, Florida subscriber.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup ground fully cooked ham
- Pancake syrup
- In a large bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, beat the eggs and milk. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in ham.
- Pour the batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Turn when bubbles form on top. Cook until the second side is golden brown. Serve with syrup.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 265 calories, 11g fat (4g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 654mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 1g fiber), 14g protein.
Originally published as Ham Griddle Cakes in Quick Cooking May/June 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.