Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms, optional
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/4 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 cup meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the ham, mushrooms if desired, oregano, basil, parsley and pepper flakes. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce. Bring to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cream. Drain fettuccine; toss with ham mixture.
Nutrition Facts1-1/3 cups: 484 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 1150mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 22g protein.
Sep 30, 2011
Very tasty, albeit an odd combination. I think we must have used too much ham, as there was not enough room in the pan for the mushrooms. It was very good, however.
Jul 12, 2011
Nov 11, 2010
This really easy and very tasty. I added some capers to this and it came out very good.
Jul 15, 2010
good but not great
May 7, 2010
Love this recipe! Didn't think the combination of cream and spaghetti sauce would be good, but it is excellent! One of the few recipes everyone in my family will eat - even my picky eaters.
Apr 27, 2010
Great for leftover ham. I used milk (on hand) and continued simmering for a few minutes and it turned out fine. Very quick and very easy.
Apr 10, 2010
very unique flavor! the ham took a bit of getting use to but it was very delicious! I will be making this again for sure.
Dec 29, 2009
This is a very different tasting recipe. My whole family loves it. You can adjust the spice level by the red pepper flakes. Everyone I know that has sampled some of this wants the recipe. Very God
Dec 27, 2009
I tried this on the recommedation of another reviewer and I am so glad I did. It was really good. I used a basic garlic oregano tomato sauce which I had left over in the freezer. I used a one pound ham steak (cook's brand). I also left out the mushrooms (don't like them). I also cut back the herbs to a teaspoon of each. Otherwise I followed the recipe. Final dish although rich was very good. Decided to add a bag fresh spinach (cooked in microwave for 5 min) to leftovers to cut the richness a little. It was a fantasic combination and will definately add in next time I make it, also will try with half and half instead of heavy cream.
Mar 31, 2009
This would be excellent using chicken also. This is the first recipe my Son has ever asked for a copy so they can make it for their family later.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.