Ham & Egg Pita Pockets
A hearty, hand-held breakfast is just the thing when we're "scrambling" to get out the door in the morning. I created these fun-filled pockets when my husband and kids were running late to school one day. Now my kids ask for these even when we don't have to be somewhere in a hurry. —Sue Olsen, Fremont, California
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 large Eggland's Best egg
- 1/8 teaspoon smoked or other paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 slice deli ham, chopped
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a microwave-safe bowl, whisk egg whites, egg, paprika and pepper until blended; stir in ham, green onion and cheese. Microwave, covered, on high for 1 minute. Stir; cook on high 30-60 seconds longer or until almost set. Serve in pitas.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts2 filled pita halves: 323 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 231mg cholesterol, 769mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 5g fiber), 27g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch.
Originally published as Pocket Scramble in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.