Ham Cups with Cherry Sauce
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- CHERRY SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) pitted red cherries, undrained
- Red food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs and ground mustard. Add ham and pork; mix well. Shape into eight equal portions; pat lightly into 2-3/4-in. muffin cups. Combine brown sugar and prepared mustard; sprinkle over cups. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until no longer pink.
- For sauce, combine cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan. Add cherries; cook and stir over medium-high heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer. If desired, stir in 4-5 drops food coloring. Serve over ham cups.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 476 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1080mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Jun 28, 2014
This was very good. The only change it made was that I used 1 cup of dry bread crumbs and added a little milk to moisten it. The sauce was delicious but a little too sweet for me. I think I may cut the sugar down to 1/4 c. Next time.
Jun 22, 2010
The only difference I made was for the soft bread crumbs I used Health Nut Bread. They were very good.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.