Ham is an usual addition to this swift side dish even quicker, the Flagler, Colorado cook uses pimientos instead to chopping sweet red pepper.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a bowl, toss the cabbage, ham and peppers. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, vinegar, sugar, celery seed, salt, pepper and paprika; shake well. Pour over cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Ham Coleslaw in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p11
Reviews forHam Coleslaw
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 23, 2012
"I was looking for a recipe with leftover ham. I came across this recipe and it was great! I just added red cabbage and carrots. I'm taking a big tray to a picnic soon."