Ham & Cheese Egg Bake
This delectable dish could easily be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. So simple to prepare, yet so comforting and delicious.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded Havarti cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill or 2 teaspoons dill weed
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on medium-high speed for 2 minutes or until lemon-colored. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to eggs and mix well. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 24-28 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 457 calories, 34g fat (20g saturated fat), 278mg cholesterol, 872mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 29g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Swiss Egg Puff in Country Extra May 2010