Ham & Cheese Breakfast Muffins
Ever since we began making these muffins, they have been a huge hit with family and friends. They are simple to make, are tasty warm or cold and never stay around for long.—Laura Newcomer, Bowdoin, Maine
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/3 cups buttermilk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup Kerrygold shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper. In another bowl, whisk eggs, buttermilk and oil until blended. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Fold in ham, cheese and onion.
- Fill greased or foil-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 149 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 281mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Aug 9, 2015
These were not very good. They had no flavor. We tried slathering them in butter but they were still bad. The texture is more like a biscuit than a muffin. I'm not sure what you could add to give this recipe some flavor.