Ham & Cheese Breakfast Bundles
My family looks forward to these rich and delicious egg bundles. They’re perfect for holidays, brunches and birthdays. —Cindy Bride, Bloomfield, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 15 sheets phyllo dough (14x9 inches)
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cut into 12 pieces
- 12 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 2 tablespoons seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface; brush with butter. Layer with four additional phyllo sheets, brushing each layer. (Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to keep it from drying out.) Cut layered sheets crosswise in half, then lengthwise in half. Cover stacks to keep them from drying; repeat with remaining phyllo and butter.
- Place each stack in a greased muffin cup. Fill each with a piece of cream cheese. Carefully break an egg into each cup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper; top with ham, cheese, bread crumbs and chives. Bring phyllo together above filling; pinch to seal and form bundles.
- Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 bundle: 273 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 233mg cholesterol, 478mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Delicious Egg Bundles in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018