Ham & Cheese Bites
I can double the recipe for these easy-to-prepare appetizers and still come home with empty platters. Apple butter and Dijon mustard lend a sweet and savory taste to every bite.—Carre Czemierys, Brookfield, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 loaf (14 ounces) ciabatta bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons apple butter
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound white cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound yellow cheddar cheese, thinly sliced
- 9 slices deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- Cut bread into 1-in. cubes; place cut side up on a baking sheet. Brush tops with oil. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until toasted.
- Combine apple butter and mustard; spread over toast. Layer with cheeses and ham. Broil for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 100 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 high-fat meat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Ham and Cheese Ciabatta Appetizer in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.