Ham Biscuits with White Cheddar
Salty ham and fluffy biscuits combined with tender apples, spicy mustard and tangy cheddar for a sweet and savory sandwich. To speed things up, use prepared biscuits instead of making them from scratch. —Amanda Reed, Nashville, Tennessee
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 10 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 3 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 5 slices fully cooked ham, quartered
- 9 slices white cheddar cheese, halved
- Preheat oven to 450°. Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk; stir just until mixture forms a ball.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 5-6 times. Roll dough to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a floured 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place 1 in. apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 9-11 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat apples and lemon juice over medium-high heat until just tender, about 6-8 minutes. Split biscuits; spread with mustard. Layer with ham, cheese and apple mixture; replace tops.
Originally published as Ham Biscuits with Baked Apples, Spicy Dijon, and White Cheddar in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.