Ham & Biscuit Breakfast Cups
I love using my grandfather's homemade horseradish in dishes. This particular dish is unique because it also calls for rosemary. I enjoy making these on the weekend and often share with my neighbors. These bites freeze nicely, too. —Danielle Lee, Sewickley, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 2/3 cup cubed fully cooked ham or 3-1/2 ounces Canadian bacon, cubed
- 4 large eggs or 1 cup egg substitute
- 2 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary or 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Preheat oven to 375°. Stir together biscuit mix and milk to form a soft dough. On a lightly floured surface, pat dough to 1/4-in. thickness; cut 12 biscuits using a floured 3-1/2-in. round cutter. Press each onto bottom and up sides of a greased muffin cup.
- Divide cheese, green pepper and ham among cups. Whisk together eggs, horseradish, salt and pepper; pour into cups. Sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake until eggs are set, 20-25 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan.