I like to save time, so I have my butcher grind together the ham, pork, and beef for these ham balls. They're baked in a thick tomato sauce.—DeEtta Rasmusen, Fort Madison, Iowa
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 10 pounds ground fully cooked ham
- 8 pounds lean ground pork
- 4 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 12 large eggs, beaten
- 12 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 cups whole milk
- 8 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 8 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup vinegar
- 3 tablespoons ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine ham, pork and beef; mix well. Add eggs; mix well. Blend in crumbs and milk. Form into 1-1/2-in. balls. Place in a single layer in 12 ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans or larger pans if available; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sauce ingredients. Divide evenly among pans, covering the ham balls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 60 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 345 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 86mg cholesterol, 714mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Ham Balls in Taste of Home June/July 1993
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips