Just three ingredients are all you need to prepare these impressive-looking hors d'ouevres. A vegetable appetizer is a welcome addition to the table.
Recommended: 60 Sneaky Ways to Eat More Vegetables
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 20 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 20 thin slices deli ham
- 1 package (10.6 ounces) refrigerated Italian breadsticks and garlic spread
- In a large skillet, bring 1/2 in. of water to a boil; add asparagus. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately place asparagus in ice water; drain and pat dry.
- Wrap a slice of ham around each asparagus spear. Unroll breadstick dough; spread with garlic spread. Cut each breadstick in half lengthwise. Wrap one piece of dough, garlic spread side in, around each ham-wrapped asparagus spear.
- Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 20 appetizers.
Originally published as Ham Asparagus Spirals in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p26