Ham and Swiss Strata
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 8 slices bread, crusts removed and cubed
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Place half of the bread cubes in a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the parsley, onion, ham and cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, mustard, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. Pour over cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Apr 3, 2012
I cut the milk back by about 1/2 cup. It was very runny otherwise and the top got too browned before the inside would set. Very tasty and the toddler loved it! Making it for Easter brunch. Its fantastic
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.