Ham and Swiss Snacks
Following a ball game or for a fun after-school treat, ravenous teenagers can prepare this satisfying snack in a jiffy. "It's an unusual but delicious combination of ham, cheese and apples on a no-fuss crust," says Beth Gambro of Yorkville, Illinois.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup chopped peeled tart apple
- 1 cup chopped fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Unroll crescent dough; pat onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Seal seams and perforations. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Combine mustard, parsley, onion and butter; spread over crust. Sprinkle with apple, ham and cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 139 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 369mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Swiss Snacks in Quick Cooking March/April 1999