Ham and Swiss Pasta Casserole
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 2 envelopes country gravy mix
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 4-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook gravy mix according to package directions. Stir in the spinach, cheese, ham and mustard. Drain pasta; stir into ham mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 364 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1126mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
May 19, 2013
Making up menu for this week ~ this will definitely be on it. Thank you for sharing!
May 14, 2012
This is easy and delicious. I have also made it with fresh asparagus in place of the spinach and prosciutto in place of the ham. Now...if you have dietary restrictions (sodium) either alter the recipe (good cooks know how to do that) or use low sodium recipes - there are a million of them. But not so much drama, if you please.
Jan 9, 2012
I don't make a lot of casseroles like this and apparently I should! It was really good. My husband loved it. I did use 3 cups of uncooked small pasta shells instead of the 8 oz of uncooked penne. It turned out great!
Sep 23, 2011
What is wrong with you people who keep rating recipies that you have not tried? Your vote should not be counted
Sep 1, 2011
I HAVEN'T TRIED THIS RECIPE AND IT SOUNDS GOOD THEN I SEE THERE IS STORE BOUGHT GRAVY IN IT AND THAT STUFF HAS LOTS OF SODIUM IN IT AND MY HUSBAND HAS TO WATCH SODIUM. I THINK ONE OF THOSE PACKAGES WOULD PROBABLY MAKE A CUP OF GRAVY SO I GUESS YOU COULD MAKE YOUR OWN GRAVY FOR IT. I DON'T BUY VERY MUCH READY MADE STUFF IF I CAN MAKE IT AT HOME. THIS RECIPE DOES SOUND GOOD.
May 6, 2011
Great taste and easy to prepare. Add a nice salad and you have a complete meal in less than an hour.
Dec 29, 2009
I love this recipe. I make it all the time. I think the ground mustard adds a great flavor to the dish.
Apr 16, 2009
This was delicious, comforting and different!!! However, I thought it actually tasted better before I added the mustard - the mustard ended up overpowering the creaminess of the gravy and cheese. I will definitely make it again, with this minor change!
Nov 13, 2008
This was delicious! Very quick and simple to prepare. I will definetly be making this again and again!!! Thank you for posting this recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.