Ham and Spinach Rolls
I often prepare these roll-ups for my daughters to take to office brunches—along with many copies of the recipe, of course! Everyone finds the rich cheese sauce irresistible.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup corn-bread stuffing mix
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper, divided
- 12 thin slices fully cooked ham (1 ounce each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- In a large bowl, combine the spinach, sour cream, stuffing mix, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Spread each ham slice with 2 tablespoons spinach mixture; roll up jelly-roll style. Place, seam side down, in an ungreased 11x7-in. baking pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, salt and remaining garlic powder and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in cheddar cheese until melted. Pour over ham rolls.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and paprika. Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 369 calories, 23g fat (14g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 989mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Spinach Rolls in Country Pork
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.