- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 to 3 tablespoons dry onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 cup cubed process American cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large skillet, cook potatoes in butter until potatoes are evenly coated. Add water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 14 minutes or until potatoes are tender. In a bowl, combine the milk, soup mix and parsley; stir in cheese. Pour over potatoes. Add ham; cook and stir gently until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forHam and Scalloped Potatoes
"I'm not sure if something went wrong, but this was just horrible! There was an overwhelming onion soup flavor, and it was so thick, it was like eating paste!"
"Look fwd. to trying this very soon. My hubby is a meat/potato fella, so I know he'll really enjoy this dish. A nice salad with fresh oranges in will set it off. Thank you so much for sharing!! K."
"From age 4 to 47 my whole family loved it. All the men went back for seconds. I thought I'd made enough for leftovers, but nope, not after the seconds!"
"My young boys really enjoyed this. I didn't have Velveeta or fresh parsley, so I used shredded cheddar and 3tsp. dry parsley. It turned out great."