Ham and Sausage Breakfast Pizza
I have been making this pizza for breakfast for years and very one who has tried it loves it. It is filling, keeping my gang going all morning long.—Kathy Evanko, Blairsville, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 30 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 to 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced American cheese
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2-1/2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the sugar, salt and enough flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Punch dough down. Press onto a lightly greased 14-in. pizza pan. Build up edges slightly. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Sprinkle the ham, American cheese and sausage over crust. Whisk eggs and milk; pour over toppings. Sprinkle with mozzarella. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crust is golden and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 460 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 120mg cholesterol, 1366mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 27g protein.
Originally published as Breakfast Pizza in Country Woman Christmas 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.