Ham And Rice Medley
Busy weeknights are easier, thanks to this simple skillet recipe that relies on leftover ham and cooked rice. Ron Gardner of Grand haven, Michigan also uses chopped red and green peppers and plenty of corn to round out the tasty main or side dish.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute ham and peppers until peppers are tender. Stir in rice and corn. Cook and stir 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1-1/2 cups: 359 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 1192mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.
Originally published as Ham And Rice Medley in Quick Cooking September/October 2004
Apr 4, 2018
My husband said, 'This is very good.' Good way to use up leftover Easter ham. I added a bit of vegetable broth when sauteing the ham and peppers.
Apr 24, 2011
Very colorful! My 6 year old daughter loved all the colors and ate it right up!