Busy weeknights are easier, thanks to this simple skillet recipe that relies on leftover ham and cooked rice. Ron Gardner of Grand haven, Michigan also uses chopped red and green peppers and plenty of corn to round out the tasty main or side dish.
Recommended: 23 Slow Cooker Side Dishes to the Rescue
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups julienned fully cooked ham
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- In a large skillet coated with cooking spray, saute ham and peppers until peppers are tender. Stir in rice and corn. Cook and stir 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Ham And Rice Medley in Quick Cooking September/October 2004, p6
Reviews forHam And Rice Medley
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2011
"Very colorful! My 6 year old daughter loved all the colors and ate it right up!"