- 2 cups sliced peeled potatoes, cooked
- 1 cup diced cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Dash white pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley
- Combine potatoes, ham and onion in a greased 1-qt. casserole; set aside. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour until smooth. Gradually add milk; stirring constantly until mixture thickens and bubbles. Add cheese, salt and pepper; stir until the cheese melts. Pour over potato mixture and stir gently to mix. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forHam and Potatoes Au Gratin
"This was delish, all I did was add a few more onions. I will be making this again & again."
"The picture shown does not belong to this recipe. It belongs to Ham 'n' Potato Au Gratin, from Country Woman Jan/Feb 97,pg.35."
"Loved it! For the finely chopped onion, I chopped the tops of a whole green onion - Added color and flavor. Very easy to make."