Ham and Potato Casserole
I teach Sunday school to adult women. Once a year I invite them to my home for a special brunch. Of all the food I've served to them over the past 6 years, this recipe stands out as the favorite.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 package (26 ounces) frozen shredded hash browns
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, fry hash browns in oil until browned. Remove from heat, stir in ham, soup, sour cream, 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheddar cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 365 calories, 23g fat (13g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 841mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Potato Casserole in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook
Jun 11, 2014
Made this for a late breakfast today and was great. I added some seasoning for a little extra flavor
Dec 31, 2009
I have made this several times. My family loves it. I have also served this to my company and received lots of compliments