Ham and Mushroom Toast
Here's a fast, fun way to use up leftover Christmas ham. The creamy mushroom sauce takes only minutes to put together, and assembling the meat and toast points is easy.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 12 toast points
- 6 slices fully cooked ham, halved
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add broth. Bring to a boil; boil and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low. Stir in sour cream, chives and dill; heat through. Place two slices of ham on each toast point; top with mushroom sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 428 calories, 26g fat (16g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 859mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 13g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Mushroom Toast in Country Woman Christmas 1999
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.