Ham and Mango Wraps
Bonnie Austin’s unusual pairing of savory ham and sweet, juicy mango in these luscious wraps makes a cool summer luncheon treat for her friends in Grenada, Mississippi. BONNIE’S TIP: For extra-fresh flavor and pretty color, add chopped watercress or parsley to the rollups.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 2 to 3 medium mangoes, peeled, chopped and patted dry (about 2 cups)
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Stir in ham and mangoes. Spoon about 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 488 calories, 22g fat (6g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 1412mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 7g fiber), 20g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Mango Wraps in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.