Bonnie Austin’s unusual pairing of savory ham and sweet, juicy mango in these luscious wraps makes a cool summer luncheon treat for her friends in Grenada, Mississippi. BONNIE’S TIP: For extra-fresh flavor and pretty color, add chopped watercress or parsley to the rollups.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups cubed fully cooked ham (about 1 pound)
- 2 to 3 medium mangoes, peeled, chopped and patted dry (about 2 cups)
- 6 flour tortillas (10 inches), room temperature
- In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Stir in ham and mangoes. Spoon about 2/3 cup down the center of each tortilla; roll up tightly. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Ham and Mango Wraps in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006, p26
Reviews forHam and Mango Wraps
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 2, 2010
"This was good but I think the mayo made it too sweet. I would make it again, but I would try to find a compatable ingredient to mellow it out."