Ham and Egg Tart
This hearty tart ensures a good hot breakfast with a minimum of fuss. It's so versatile that you can add different toppings, such as chopped olives and Monterey Jack cheese.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- In a skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in ham and set aside. Unroll crescent roll dough into one long rectangle. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; seal seams and perforations. Spread with reserved ham mixture. In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper; stir in cheese. Pour over ham. Sprinkle with chives. Bake at 375° for 23-28 minutes or until a knife inserted in center comes out clean. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 201 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 546mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 10g protein.
Originally published as Ham and Egg Tart in Country Woman Christmas 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.